Tekplas’ Plastic PVC Double Gates are made from the high-quality PVC and will fit varying gaps between 1500mm – 2000mm and a standard height of 1800mm. These are designed to replace your existing timber gates and are supplied complete with hinges, latch and post, these gates can easily be fitted into an existing opening to enhance any home or garden.
We offer a flat top style or Arched Top style gate and maintenance-free meaning they never need painting.
Our standard plastic posts are 75mm x 75mm x 1830-1850mm in height, pre-fitted with a snap-in slot cover to hide fittings and need to be secured to an existing wall or post. We are also now offering a 100mm x 100mm Aluminium Post. This is mainly recommend for not being able to fit the posts to a wall and they need to free stand by cementing them into the ground. The aluminium posts can only be cemented in to the ground.
We can also offer side panels in many different options, please see other pictures on this product.
The gates come complete with the following:
- 6 x Hinges and Screws for fixing
- 1 x Door latch and screws for fixing
- 2 x Posts, door stops, slot covers and post caps
Should you have any bespoke requirements for your gate please contact us.
How To Measure Your Gap
We need to know the size of the gap you are filling when you order. We will manufacture the gate and posts to fill that gap, please measure the top, middle and bottom and give us the smallest distance.
Please add the distance to the total gap box.
On Double Gates, we fit a rebate strip to one of the gates. As in most cases, one of the gates will be used as an entrance gate, until they both need opening. Looking at the front of the gates, please let us know which gate you would like the rebate strip on. Left Gate or Right Gate. Remember the gate with the rebate strip on will be the gate stationary most of the time.
If you cannot fix both posts top, middle and bottom at either side of the gap you will require an aluminium post (please note the posts will be powder coated to match the colour of the gates)
The aluminium posts will be cut longer to allow them to be cemented into the ground, this will provide a much stronger fix.
Please note the aluminium posts are 100mm x 100mm and the PVC posts are 75mm x 75mm.
We can now supply a new High-Security Gate lock. This comes with a key on one side and a button on the other for easy opening from inside. These are made from high-quality materials with a 15mm steel square sliding bolt and brass lock mechanism and complete with 5 keys
We can also supply drop-down bolts/Tower Bolts as seen in the pictures. Please see related items or the fixings page.
- We do not fit gates we manufacture them. But we do have a fitters page on the website
- The accuracy of the dimensions specified by you will reflect the quality of fit.
- We recommend they are installed by a professional or skilled handyperson.
- Stainless Steel Hardware is advised for gates being fitted near the sea or in corrosive areas.
- Please call Customer Services should you experience any difficulties during the installation.
- We do not advise fitting 3rd party locks or latches and cannot be held responsible if they cause fitting issues.
- Please be aware that plastic gates expand slightly in the heat but do not expand when wet (unlike wooden gates) so the correct clearance is needed to ensure an all year round fit.