Tekplas Post Chain fencing contain everything you will need to easily install a good looking and durable chain fence which will enhance your garden
- High Quality PVC Product
- Strong Rigid Construction
- Very Hygienic – Easy Clean Wipeable Surface
- Choice of Colours: White / Brown / Green / Golden Oak
- Quick Assembly and Disassembly
- Maintenance Free
- Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Use
Tekplas Chain Fencing is available with a White Post complete with a Black or White Chain. Each kit contains one PVC Post assembly, with either a steel ground or patio spike, one length of chain, and all the fittings needed to erect your fence.
The length of the chain in each box is 1400mm (approx. 5ft), this means that the maximum spacing between posts should be no more than 1225mm (approx. 4ft) post centre, this will allow for a pleasing arc to the chain. However, should you wish to install your posts closer together, simply cut the chain to the required length.
How many kits will I need?
To decide how many kits you will need for your fence, simply measure the total length of the distance you want to fill with the chain link fencing and decide on the distance between your posts (our as standard are spaced at 1225mm or 4ft spacing). But it can be smaller if required and the plastic chain is easy to cut down and divide this number into the overall length. This will give you the number of kits needed, you will need to purchase a finishing post to complete the fencing run unless your finishing onto a hook on the wall. If you are splitting the fence run into different sections you will need a finishing post per separate section you make. Please see related items for the finishing post or go to the fixings page.
- Height 900mm
- Width 1225mm
Post Type Selection
We offer three types of post options:
- Standard Post = No fixings
- Standard Post + 700mm ground spike
- Longer Post to cement – recommended option
Our standard post comes with no fixings, this allows you to purchase our solid floor fiixngs if fitting the fencing on to solid ground. tekplas.co.uk/shop/fixings
The standard post height, plus 700mm ground spike. Lets you knock the ground spike into the grass/soft ground between 300-400mm and then our post slides over the top. The 700mm spike is quick to fit but not as recommended as cementing a post into the ground.
Thirdly, you can cement the post into the ground which is our recommended option. We will provide the posts 250-300mm longer.
Installation of Post Chain Fencing
- Glue Post Cap using a PVC solvent cement
- Take care when pushing the steel spike into the ground (suitable for soft ground only)
- Use Postcrete or similar if the post requires a firmer fixing
Chain Fencing Kit List:
- 1 x Post 900mm
- 1 x 1400mm Chain Black or White
- 1 x Galvl Spike 700mm long
- 1 x Spacer 875mm long
- 1 x Post Cap
- 1 x 150mm long U clip – Bent Solid PVC Rod